Introduction of Various Case Examples
Use Case 001｜Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Solar EV demonstration co-experiment project in the Republic of the Marshall Islands
A social experiment for actively utilizing the power of solar power generation to electrical vehicles (EV) was carried out by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., and the Republic of the Marshall Islands from October 2015, and the Visual M2M product was adopted as a tool for data collection/analysis and remote monitoring. Consulting was conducted for a stable data collection in the very strict communication environment of the Marshall Islands. This social experiment is conducted by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., and the Republic of the Marshall Islands and aimed at the enhanced self-sufficiency of renewable energy in the Republic of the Marshal Islands based on the feasibility verification of the promotion of motorized mobility and the charging infrastructure upgrading. For information, the experiment is being carried out on the Marshall Islands (near Majuro, the capital) using three Fit EVs and with the installation of four charging stations.
Installation of a Charging Station in a Fire Station in Majuro
Unveiling in a Commemoration Ceremony
The Role of aptpod
- To collect CAN information and charger operation data for Fit EVs, respectively, and
to report the travelling data, charger operation data, etc.
- Between the two distant places, the Marshall Islands and Japan, to realize a remote monitoring by the project members from Japan via the internet lines and the cloud servers.
- Establishing an environment and consulting for data collection systems in a location where the mobile communication environment is undeveloped.
The merits of implementation
- A short time and low cost collection of CAN information into the cloud servers by the
use of Visual M2M
- A real-time collection of data from multiple vehicles and charging stations located in multiple places via the cloud. A prompt analysis and monitoring will reduce the onsite work and will make the daily report preparation work from a distant place easier.
- The accumulated data in a cloud server can be referred for analyzing the statuses in time series before a failure.